DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
Objectives and work possibilities
Having as a base the strategy program of ERA and its priorities, ERA Psychological Department aims to provide students with education which corresponds to international scientific-educational developments, as well as to realize research work in the result of this such specialists will be formed, who will be able to assist social-economicdevelopment of Armenia and in the same time will be competitive in the international job market.
Employment spheres of ERA Psychological Department graduates are:
- Educational sphere: as psychologist-counselors in educational institutions, teacher of psychology, manager of educational and methodological activities.
- Sphere of social work, consultation, expertize
- Shpere of research
- Cross-Cultural research
- Sphere of defense and state security: expertize, research, prevent and prognosis
- Psychologist-analyst, psychologist-expert, psychologist-councilor in politics, jurisprudence, state employment.
- Psychologist-expert, psychologist-councilor in the spheres of management, service, production, business.
- Intercultural and interstate relations, diplomacy, expert in international relations, expert in negotiations
Duration of bachelor’s degree is 4 years. Within the frames of this educational program the students will obtain knowledge in the following spheres
- Issues of human psychology and behavior
- development of human
- interpersonal relations and communication, conflicts
- small and big social-psychological groups, management
- issues of ethnical psychology and pedagogy
In bachelor’s degree you will come up the following subjects
GENERAL EDUCATIONAL SUBJECTS
Armenian language and culture
History of Armenia
Basics of Philosophy
Civil defense and emergency
SUBJECTS ON THE SPECIALITY
Introduction on the psychology
Basics of personality psychology
Introduction on the psychology of communication
Basics of general psychology
Practicum on psychology
Psychology of governing
Translation of professional texts from Russian
Translation of professional texts from English
Frustration and defense mechanisms
Psychology of development
Psychology of deviant behavior
Basics of psychotherapy
Basics of psychodiagnostics
Theory of attribution
Psychology of intercultural communication
At masters’ degree education is 2 years /4 terms/
At regular masters’ degree education is 2 years/4 terms/:
At distance masters’ degreeeducation is two and a half years /5 terms/
The students are offered the following subjects within this education program
IT in the sphere of psychological research
Contemporary problems of general psychology
Contemporary theories of personality
Contemporary problems of social psychology
Psychotherapy and psychological consulting
Personality and psychological adaptation
Psychological intervention on emergency
Principals of governing
Contemporary problems of ethnopsychology
Psychology of family
Psychology of aggression
Pathological psychological development
Psychological problems of bilinguism
Psychology of influence
Psychological and pedagogical issues of development
Specialization and qualification
The Department of Psychology gives the students an opportunity to gain a highly qualified professional education and relevant qualification within the programs of bachelor and masters’ degree.
The graduates of the bachelor degree will be given a state diploma of the profession of ”Psychology”./դասիչ`031301.00.6/: The students will have the opportunity to make a choice within the specializations offered by the chair.
- Psychology /031301.01.6/
- Personality and Social Psychology
- Psychology of Government and Political Psychology
- Psychological Consultation and Clinical Psychology
There is both regular and distance learning at masters’ degree in ERA.
The graduates of masters’s degree will be given a state diploma of the profession of ”Psychology”./դասիչ`031301.00.7/: The students will have the opportunity to make a choice within the specializations offered by the chair.
- Psychology (031301.01.7)
- Military psychology
- Psychological consulting and psychotherapy
- Personality and Social psychology
- Psychology of government and Political psychology
It is of first rank priority to take into account the student’s predilection in terms of his/her choice of the sphere in this chair.
The data about the staff of the Chair.
There work the best specialists representing the corresponding sphere in this chair.
Head of Chair: Karine Nalchajyan